SeeClickFix Blog #2

• Describe how the 9th grade students are tracking the progress of the issue we reported using sticky notes and posters.  What do each posters mean?

We are keeping we track of the progress by checking the website. If the status changes we change our sticky note on the poster. There are 3 posters and they are called acknowledged, open and closed.  Acknowledged means they noticed it, open is that it’s just posted and closed is that they took care of it already.

What did you learn about the status of the issue you reported to SeeClickFix? Did it change (If so, how)?  Did your issue’s status stay the same? Explain your answer.

I noticed that they closed my report meaning they have solved it. and there is no longer trash at the place I reported.

• Describe the response you got about the issue you reported.  What was the message you received? Who sent you that message?

I have 2 responses. The first one said it was acknowledge and it told me my request ID. The 2nd one I got said that it was closed. Both of those responses were from the City of Oakland Call Center.

• Did any patterns emerge on the poster about which issues are resolved, and which are not?  Explain your answer.

On the acknowledge there are alot of illegal dumpings. On the close there are also illegal dumping. But on the open there are is a variety of issues.

• Is the SeeClickFix project an example of Violent or Non-Violent resistance to oppression?  Explain your answer.

This is an example of Non-Violent resistance because we are not damaging anything we are doing something peaceful to help our community.

• Do you think SeeClickFix can help to solve problems in Oakland?  Explain why or why not.

I believe SeeClickFix is solving problems in Oakland because it’s cleaning up the area so people have a nicer street. It’s making Oakland into a more cleaner place than before and it’s making the people who report the problem happy because their voice is being heard.