SeeClickFix Blog #3

• What are the different statuses on the posters, and what do each of them mean?

There are 3 different statuses on the posters. They are Open, Acknowledged, and Closed. Open means that you have submitted the problem but the city of Oakland has not seen it. Acknowledge means that the City of Oakland has seen it asn are working on solving it. Lastly closed means they have solved your problem.

• Describe what you did (or what you were supposed to do) to find out if the issue you submitted to SeeClickFix was fixed.

The steps you take to find out if your status has changed is you need go to the website and sign in. Then you you click the top right corner that says my content. Once you do that you find the name of your issue and it click it. After that you can see what comments you have received.

• What changes do you notice from the April 13th posters to the April 27th posters?

I noticed that on the April 13th there were many sticky notes on the Open poster but on the 27th poster there were more on acknowledged and some closed. So that means that on April 13th there were many issued that were reported, ANd on the 27th the City of Oakland recognised them and even fixed some.

• Do you think there are any types of issues SeeClickFix is better at getting fixed than others?  Why do you think that?

I think trash dumping is the one gets solved the most because in the 27th on the closed poster there are 6 issues that were solve and those were trash dumpings.  I think these get solved more because they are easier to solved, they just need to pick it up and go dump it in the appropriate place.

• If an issue someone reported did not get fixed, what is something they might try next?

I think they should message SeeClickFix too see what they have not solved it yet. The should get more info on what is it taking so long to solve it or will they fix it at all.

• Do you think people who report issues to SeeClickFix are able to gain agency?  Explain your answer.

I think they are able to get agency because their community is getting cleaned and that affects how their life is changed. Their life is changed because were they live it looks better than before and then you’re not ashamed of where you live.