Assignment #4 – Naming Identities

What RACE do you identify yourself as?  Explain your answer.

I identify myself as Latino because it’s based on my physical appearance.  I believe that because if someone look at me they will say I am Latino because of my looks.

What NATIONALITY do you identify yourself as?  Explain your answer.

The nationality I identify myself as is American. I identify as that because it’s the country where I was born and nationally is determined on the country you were born in.

What is an ETHNICITY you identify yourself with?  Explain your answer.

The ethnicity I identify as is Guatemalan. I identify myself as that because It’s the culture I chose to connect with. I speak Mam and my family members follow traditions from Guatemala as well as my family so I also follow those traditions.

What GENDER IDENTITY do you identify yourself as?

The gender I identify as a right now is a heterosexual female. I identify as that because I identify as a woman and I like the opposite gender. I enjoy the benefit and struggles of being a girl.

Why do you think Question #4 was optional?  Explain your answer

I believe question #4 was optional because others might not feel confident in sharing.I also believe it was optional because someone might still not know what gender they identify as. They might feel like if someone finds out they will be teased and then they will feel bad because of people talking about them.